Sunday 3 May 2009

Week after the week after the Marathon Sunday 3/5/09 to Saturday 9/5/09

Saturday 9th
The now standard walk up town with the mutt but felt a bit tired so walked back as well for the most part with a few sprints to get Charlie working. Golf in the afternoon and a steady 88 with loads of silly dropped shots but zero shanks for a change. Have made my swing more upright and altered the tempo a bit to get it all smoother and that seemed to pay off today. Good stuff.

Friday 8th
Same old, same old. Walk up town run back, Charlie nearly took my arm off when he spotted a rabit other than that, same old routine.

Got to the gym in the evening - hurrah. Solid 24 minute hill program on treadmill to start - nearly wiped me out - still feeling the quads a bit. Then 20 minutes for 4100metres ish on rower - shower then back upstairs to see whether all hard work was paying off.

This week's been a bit of a ballacher in many respects (technical term) have been doing a lot of coding to integrate some data from a new territory into our existing reporting data. Wrote 400 odd lines of code today alone (it had to be done today) Anyway got a call from one of the guys in the office and apart from a couple of glitches it's all panned out nicely so that's a bonus - I worry about these sort of things all the time - capricorn, worrier it's part of the makeup.

Thursday 7th
Same as yesterday up town and back - walk up town, run back, only another six days and then back to normal! Me and Lucy did another mile or so with the hound in the evening as well.

Wednesday 6th
Same as yesterday me and the hound walked up town, ran back for three miles. Might get to the gym later all being well. Have started organising a holiday for summer so am getting excited - only Anglesey but a break's a break!


Tuesday 5th
I've got my old running partner Charlie Boy back. He's carrying a lot less weight than me so you'd expect him to be quicker (that plus he's a greyhound). Anyway we walked up town and ran back and it was okay. More pooper scooping than I'd have liked but that goes with the dog-owning territory I suppose.

Me, Lucy and Charlie went a 1.5 mile walk when got back from work. Spoke to Kathryn today and she said she did no running at all last week so am not so worried with how little I've done - I did get out and about on the bike so that's better than nowt.

Monday 4th
Went to a Christening yesterday so taken onboard too much alcohol in the festivities that followed. Did same 7 miles as yesterday but on bike as it was a bit drizzly.

Did nine holes of golf in the evening - not bad.

Sunday 3rd
Back to the attack! 7 miles I think will check it out later round Mayfield, Okeover Park,Mappleton, Ashbourne and back. Steady but not totally recovered yet - was feeling some jip in me quads (big four muscles in the thigh) after four miles but at least it's a start. Will mention yesterday's golf - terrible - 93 off the whites so a nett 78, not bad putting though I was pretty systematic with the putting and generally did a good job of that, just not hitting the ball far enough at the mo. Rubbish.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam